Yuma for Life
Mountain Lifestyle at Yuma
Amenities within 1 hour
Yuma is located just 20 minutes from Coronado beach town and a one-hour drive away from Panama City.
Los Cajones de Chame
Los Cajones de Chame is a canyon formed by the water of the river Chame. It is about 15 minutes from Yuma and an hour and 30 minutes from Panama City.
In the water you see small fish and cold water wells. Explore long enough and you will find little rock pools, shelves to sit on, caves and even waterfalls. It is very relaxed place to enjoy some quiet moments.
Within less than an hour you have access to multiple golf courses:
- Bijao. Bijao Golf Club, designed by the renowned Ron Garl. Among the features to highlight, is the layer of sand of about 20 centimeters that allows rapid drainage during the rains, more than 700 sprinkler heads that take care of the course.
- Mantarraya Golf Club. This world-class 18-hole golf course is located next to the Royal Decameron on the Pacific side of Panama. The course has been designed by Randall Thompson of American Golf Course Design. The Matarraya golf course, it is surrounded by the tropical green nature that Panama has to offer.
- Vista Mar Golf, Beach and Marina. The Vista Mar golf course offers an exclusive golf experience for you, your friends and your family. The Vista Mar golf course has a total of 18 holes (par 72), which has an impeccable view of the sea and natural grass. The golf course is designed by J. Michael Poellot.
- The Buenaventura Golf & Beach Resort. The 18-hole Buenaventura golf course has been designed by Nicklaus Design. The Buenaventura golf club has a driving range, short games, splinters and putting green and 3 holes par 3. The championship golf course is surrounded by a natural tropical landscape and is located in the luxurious community of Buenaventura. Buenaventura Golf members can enjoy the luxury services available at the Buenaventura Club House.
- Coronado Golf . A prestigious 18-hole Coronado golf course (par 72). The Coronado golf course is designed by Tom and George Fazio. Coronado Golf membership includes access to services such as bars, restaurants, gym, beach club, equestrian club, tennis courts and a health and beauty salon.
If you want to experience the ultimate feeling of freedom, go paragliding! Enjoy the beautiful view and get to know Panama from above.
Around Chicá there are many places to go shopping. Plaza Imperial is a shopping mall in Bejuco and 30 minutes from Campana Villas there is another mall called Westland shopping mall.
In Coronado are the best shopping malls. Here you can find various fashion labels, stores for mobile phones and accessories, sporting goods, spas and salons and even a casino. Most of the shopping malls are located right next to the Pan-American Highway.
Imagine driving just 20 minutes and relax at the wonderful beaches Panama has to offer. Near Chicá you can find beaches such as; Playa Malibu, Playa Coronado, Playa Serena, Playa Teta, Playa Santa Clara and Playa Farallón
Surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing, you can do it all at Machete Kites in Punta Chame. Machete Kites is a world class kiteboarding school shop and club.
18 years of experience, 10 international top IKO certified instructors and top kiteboarding gear will make your learning process safe, fun and fast. The spot is windy almost every day from December to April, they are open 7 days a week, there are sandy wide beaches and constant winds. Comfortable and clean installations and good vibes are guaranteed!
There is a grocery store called The Machetazo which is about 20 minutes away from Yuma. You can buy there almost all the food you can imagine and besides that, they also sell non-food products like clothes and electrical products. They also have an online shop.
Riba Smith is a supermarket in Coronado that has everything from food to care products and household products. The meat they sell at the supermarket is 100% Panamanian.
Cermeño is a beautiful town in the mountains, situated just minutes away from Capira (known as the land of good people), and about 45 minutes west of Panama City.
Cermeño is best known for its cool climate, lush vegetation and beautiful houses.
It is an ideal area for people looking for single family homes with lots of land and privacy, because of its proximity to Panama City, access roads in good condition, picturesque village centre and ideal climate.
Punta Chame is a popular windsurfing spot along the Bahía de Chame in central Panama. The punta (point) is at the end of a long, thin peninsula lined by shrimp farms and mangroves. It’s only an hour and a half drive from Panama City, making it a popular spot with adrenalin-junkies from the city. In many ways, this is a get-away-from-it-all type destination, as there is little at the end of the peninsula other than a windsurfing school, a few accommodations, and a smattering of residences.
The town of Chame, near the Inter-American Highway, has a bank and an ATM, a few basic grocery stores, accommodations and restaurants.
La Laguna de San Carlos
If your ideal situation for leisure is to surround yourself with green, with an option to take a dive, then you have to go to La Laguna de San Carlos. Here you can spend a day or go camping, with a spectacular view and cool breezes. You can rent a kayak here and have a nice barbecue.
The San Carlos Lagoon is 25 km from the Inter American Highway, Corregimiento located in La Laguna, the District of San Carlos. It has an area of about 2 hectares. In this life 14 different fish species and is fishing allowed. On the coast there are several camping pitches, with room for bonfires.
Living in Yuma Mountain Community
Including the amenities, lots, homes and what's nearby.